Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Talvisia tyrninmarjoja - Sea buckthorn's berries




Samaan aikaan kun puutarhan kasvihuoneissa kukkii mantelipuu - ja persikat ovat nupulla - ulkona on pakkasta yli 20 astetta. Vanhoissa tyrneissä on vielä marjoja, ne näyttävät kelpaavan linnuille vasta pihlajanmarjojen jälkeen. Toisaalta tyrnipensaiden tyvien lumi on täynnään muidenkin eläinten jälkiä. - Aika harvoille suomalaisille tyrni on kuitenkaan tuttu, sillä sitä kasvaa vain meren kivikkoisilla rannoilla. Jonkin verran sitä viljellään myös kotipihoissa, mutta marjontaan tarvitaan sitten tyttö- ja poikapensaat erikseen. Marjoissa on hyvin runsaasti mm. C- ja E-vitaamiineja.

At the same time when almond is blossoming in the greenhouses, outside is real winter, over 20 degrees of frost. Sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) has still some berries left. The birds have had a good autumn! There has been a lot of rowan berries too. Sea buckthorn's berries provide vitamin C, vitamin E, and other nutrients, flavonoids and other healthful components.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I have read your blog and you have a very good post and blog. I certainly agree with your blog articles or should I say issue you are discussing. In fact, you should add more articles with regards to your subject more often so that I can come visiting to your blog. How often do you find new and research stuff? Are there any opportunities that I can contribute to your blog. I believe other blog readers would love to read more related stuff. This way, your PR rank for this blog will raise if more visitors are coming. Keep up the good work! Eddy. Get your Using Good Reliable Liquid Vitamin Supplements Tips Now! and get your health back fast!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I have read your blog and you have a very good post and blog. I certainly agree with your blog articles or should I say issue you are discussing. In fact, you should add more articles with regards to your subject more often so that I can come visiting to your blog. How often do you find new and research stuff? Are there any opportunities that I can contribute to your blog. I believe other blog readers would love to read more related stuff. This way, your PR rank for this blog will raise if more visitors are coming. Keep up the good work! Eddy. Get your vitamin supplement calcium stuff tips now! and get your health back fast!

Anonymous said...

I really like this blog, i was curious if anyone had any info on the great hydroponics site, because I was really looking forward to buying a complete hydroponics system for my home. That was an interesting comment that you made though, there was also a hydroponics site that had these hydroponics systems that were cool so can someone please help.